POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Charlie Hebdo : Re: Charlie Hebdo Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:07:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Charlie Hebdo
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Jan 2015 11:44:20
Message: <54b00564$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 08:20:17 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> On 08/01/2015 06:19 PM, Warp wrote:
>> Why do Islam extremists commit acts of terrorism? Because it works.
>
> And yet, it seems every time this happens, a long list of Islamic people
> denounce how such acts "defy every tenant of Islam". Much like how
> Christianity supposedly calls for peace, tolerance and acceptance, and
> yet there have been plenty of bloody wars in the name of the Christian
> God.

But also every time this happens, non-Muslims call on Muslims everywhere
to denounce the act, pushing the notion that if you don't, you must
approve of it.

At the same time, though, we don't feel the need to apologise to that
part of the world for every drone strike gone wrong - an act of
destruction that's perpetrated by a few who claim to be "speaking" on
behalf of many.

> I suppose it's a bit like how the British Nutter Party claim that us
> Britons want all the foreign people deported - when in reality, most
> actual Britons probably just want the BNP deported.

I'm going to have to remember that definition of "BNP".  That's a good
one. :)

> Ass a true follower of Islam, it must be really saddening when you see
> some bunch of nutters do something insane in the name of your own
> religion...

I imagine so.

Jim